Monday, January 8, 2007

Foolks as I see them

It is Monday, and potentially wet. Bad news for fine furniture set on the curb!

I like people, like to see them achieve there dreams and goals. So, I am on several Freecycle lists. http://freecycle.org

This week is the third that I posted to a Freecycle group, a ton of hard furniture, great lamps, computers and other household appliances, that are ON THE CURB.
When I drive by, I will stop and inquire, and if they work, are free, I list them.

You see, I'm 60, drive folks (for FREE!) to their hospital appointments, and run errands for them, most being terminal with cancer and such, and pass a lot of great stuff in my journeys. What a waste to see a Broyhill bedroom or Dining Suite on the curb, Thursday night, awaiting it's fate on Tuesday, in a landfill!

I've even helped relocate used vehicles to folks who need them! All FREE!

But, I have encountered the same, dreaded 'Super-Volunteer Moderator', on SEVERAL Freecycle lists, who insists on micro-managing my posts from "OFFER: Curb Alert" by canceling my posts, and informing me that I must start to make special entries and amendments to please her.

Have several other messages, by other Curb Alerters, who didn't mention that the items are not theirs, but were evidently moderated by a different person, possibly NOT a PMS'er!

What with the delay for the weekends, or holidays, all that FREE STUFF often ends up in the landfill! What a waste, and even worse, the computers and functional electronic appliances end up leaching pounds of toxins into our drinking water!

So, having written 6 different emails asking for a DIFFERENT moderator, I have to put ~T ( Hi, Tiff!) at S_________Freecycle AND W______Freecycle, AND W_____P_____Freecycle, on my list of FOOLKS *!

If you want to run a really great organization, please check the personality problems at the door, and have a review by peers, or superiors, whenever you have 'issues' with anyone. This protects both YOU and the fine folks you work for!
It also helps to resolve issues, before they become blogs, newsreels, Youtube!


* -FOOLKS are fools that still retain redemable qualities, and deserve one last chance to repatriate kindness through good service, after which, they get placed on the "Idjit list" because the next step is http://clarkhoward.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

  It is based on, and compatible with,RS Gold the free operating system called Ubuntu (which isbased on another operating system, Debian). This allows Linux Mint to take advantage of the large amountof software including some 32,960+ applications, cheap wow goldsoftware suites, and educational games for all students,pre-K through College!